Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Monster 70 lb Skeena River Chinook!

What else can you say about a monster Chinook Salmon like this?  This 70 lb leviathan is a lifetime fish, caught by Jim Stephenson from Upland, California.  The Skeena River produces trophy Chinook like this almost every year, and it's certainly refreshing to know that there are specimens like this to be caught on our rivers. 
Okay, so it would be nice to have a few more photos of this fish, but I think you get the idea.  There are some absolute monster Chinook Salmon in the Skeena watershed, and our client Jim Stephenson sure found this out yesterday!  He landed this 70 lb fish while fishing on the Skeena with expert Nicholas Dean guide, Greg Buck.  This is most definitely a lifetime fish and one that Jim will likely remember for a long time to come.  Well done, Jim, and congrats!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Jeebus! I'm fishing the Morice next week; I think I'd be scared to lose my gear if I hook into one of those giants!!

Nicholas Dean Outdoors said...

It sure was a giant! Really exciting to know that fish like this still exist in the depths of the Skeena...